Sunday, November 26, 2006
bär cōde: Your Personal Pocket Decoder to the Modern Dating Scene
Another book to keep me up on the world of dating (see: He's Just Not That Into You) from my friend* Rachel. This book is structured as a dictionary of terms to describe common dating occurences. Some of my favs include:
- Brad Pity: n. The act of cooling your girlfriend's jets for some pretty-boy actor by telling her that he's gay.
- Cargument: n. The one-sided post-argument argument you have with your boyfriend on your way to work -- alone.
- Discommunicate: v. Saying you're not going to tell how far you got on a date in order to mislead others into thinking you went all the way.
- Dude Swings: n. Alternatively hating and loving a guy from one minute to the next.**
- False Bra-vado: n. Misguided belief that you can work a woman's bra.
- Miss Match: n. The great-looking girl that dates your butt-ugly buddy.
- Retrosex: n. The act os sleeping with your ex to show him you're over him and therefore ready for him back.
- Score-drobe: n. The lucky skirt, shirt, shoes, or dress that guarantee results.
- Sheet-faced***: adj. When shacking, how your morning-after hair and makeup look.
- Tartifacts***: n. The clothing or jewelry you accidentally (on purpose) leave at his house as an excuse to contact him again.
- Teengauger: n. Empirical method of distinguishing the gorgeous nineteen-year-old from the potentially crimal fifteen-year-old.
- Update: v. To date out of your league.
**coincidentally, this is also the emotion that die hard Canucks fans hold for their team.
***my absolute fav is a toss-up between 'sheet-faced' and "tartifacts."
Love your blog! And I know you wrote this post a million years ago, I just want to thank you for commenting on Bar Code. I am one of the co-authors and am happy to hear you enjoyed it. I'm just started writing humor essays at wendytatum.com. Would love you to drop by some time. I'll be checking back on your blog as well to find out what to read. Cheers. Wendy.Post a Comment