Friday, July 28, 2006

 

Nothing's Sacred

I'm a big fan of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Despite not having cable for the last 5+ years, I've always kept up with the show by watching clips on the Comedy Central website. All of their correspondents are hilarious and Lewis Black is no exception. He yells and rants like a neo-Con, but he's totally a lefty. So he's yelling and ranting about things that drive me crazy, things that make me yell and rant too. So when I saw this book of his at the library, I knew it would be a good read. I think Jon Stewart summed it up well in his quotation on the back of the book:
Lewis Black is the only person I know who can actually yell in print form.
-Jon Stewart
The first quotation from this book that is worth recording is the dedication:
This book is dedicated to all of my friends who helped me get to where I am today -- you know who you are... and when I find you I am going to kill you.
Now that's a dedication!

Many other fine quotations come from the chapter titles and/or their taglines, including:


Now, lest you think I only read the chapter titles, here are a few quotations from the body of the book that I really liked:


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home